Thursday 3 December 2015

Grid system

To create consistancy within my design work I developed a six columm grid for imagery alongside a three columm grid overlay. I decided upon this grid system as I felt that it wouldnt be restricting, allowing for creative space yet structural balance.

Palatino was my chosen typeface, as I wanted to use a serif in order for the general body copy to be easily readable. I also personally liked how the typeface flows much smoother than others due to the curvature present within its structure. 12pt was chosen as the generic text size to allow for a legible approach, that allows each sentence to flow. I also felt it important to present my name, module code and page number upon the grid. I did this to allow for a proffesional structured approach.




No comments:

Post a Comment