Friday 1 December 2017

Careers advice part 1-finding a placement

In this blog, a careers meeting is outlined, showcasing ways in which I may be able to get a placement.

__________________________________________________________________


After discussing placement opportunities, I set out to find alumni on Linkedin in which I could connect with. These companies were then connected with and messaged via LinkedIn and email.



Spiral brand communications 













  • focuses on a range of digital and print material 
  • based in Leeds 



Elmwood













  • offices in Leeds and London 
  • A range of design, including packaging (ARLA)



Intermarketing Agency 
















  • big clients 
  • creative direction 




Vast 














  • innovative designs 



Contacting placements 


Email 






















  • Email was largely unsuccessful
  • No responses being made 
  • Was unsure whether I would gain a placement at this point



Phone Call

After ringing all the above companies, I only managed to speak to Rob Maxfield from Spiral, who suggested I should send over some of my work and social media handles. From this we gained contact and arranged a date for the placement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment