Sunday 12 March 2017

Linoprint

1st attempt



During my first experience of linoprint, I found the task very daughting with no previous workshops being held on the method, and thus I seeked advice from online tutorials, and friends who already gain great knowledge from the project. As when asking within the print room they appeared very busy. After buying the equipment I then went about cutting the lino. This inevitably ending up in myself being cut on three occasions, as I felt the lino was difficult to cut, and I am relatively clumsy. After around three hours of attempting to cut and print the lino, I gave up. With the above image expressing my passive anger with the process. The paint used was also not oil based and thus the effect of the print was very weak. 


2nd/3rd approach 








As my first experience of the process didn't go to plan I gain attempted to complete the lino at the assistance of a peer who showed me how to complete such task. Although my designs appeared very minimal and were not the strongest illustrations, I had completed the process with only one stab wound. This time an oil based paint was used in which stuck to the lino much more effectively. The main effect in which was gained within this process is that of the texture in which the lino expresses, as this would be engaging as most cards appear flat in nature. Although stating this, these cards would be difficult to mass produce. 

No comments:

Post a Comment