Saturday 30 January 2016

Recycling



As an individual I find it incredibly hard to throw away items in which can be reused, especially products involving some form of packaging (as packaging design is one of my favourite counterparts of graphic communication). Due to this I have a variation of materials collected under my desk in which I find difficult to part with, the collection ranging from glass bottles to postmodern posters. 

As I recently began to notice that my art essentials had grown considerably since starting university, I decided that it would be about time to part with some of these recycle goods, and therefore barked upon creating some minimal storage containers. To begin this process I firstly re-washed the glass jars and mental tins. The next stage was then to sand down the edges, avoiding future cuts. As I wanted the tins to contain a more classic approach I then decided to spray paint then, using a silver, thus eliminating any imperfections such as rust. After completing this I also felt that the jars appeared very dull, and thus began to decorate them with patterned tape. As I had compiled multiple jars I felt this worked effectively as each jars colour enhanced my rooms appearance. And effectively stored essentials such as paintbrushes, pens and scissors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment