Saturday 30 January 2016

Small touches


When recently returning home for the weekend I found myself visiting a nearby pub in which had been re-developed into a leisurely dining country public house. The overall aesthetic combined modern 'shabby sheek' with the original features of the building, including heavy wooden beams. One feature in which incredibly appealed to me was the soap dispenser, in which compiled of an upcycled bombay sapphire bottle. As the entirety of the restroom was highly minimal this small touch really created a strong impact, highlighting the importance of small touches on the consumer. This idea also highly appealed to me as a designer and upcycling enthusiast, as I began to think about ways in which I could develop similar projects.  

No comments:

Post a Comment