Sunday 13 November 2016

Line Drawing

As a designer I belive that one of my main limitations is that of my drawing skills, an aspect of design I tend to avoid. When in industry it will be expected of me to develop quick sketches in order to exhibit ideas visually, and thus I must improve my skills and attitude towards drawing. To do so I have decided to explore multiple drawing techniques over a period of time.

To start this I have decided to focus initially upon line drawings. Simplistic and minimal I believe that this drawing technique is essential to design whereby shape is prominent.  




I began by firstly researching into artwork in which is composed from line work. I looked closely at the work of Picasso, as I found the simplicity of the pieces somewhat endearing especially as they largely contrast to that of his most famous pieces.






 Although I loved the simplicity of Picasso's designs I wanted to find a style in which explored more detail. After looking on Instagram I found an up and coming tattoo artist in which largely focuses upon line work and dots. Similar to that of Picasso he largely focuses his work upon animals and faces, a factor in which I felt I may explore within my line drawings.




Taking my inspiration from previous research I decided to develop line drawings focusing upon two of my favourite animals. A simplistic outline was expressed emphasising the mammals key features.Further detailing was used to express facial shapes and texture.

I found this experience rather uplifting as the minimalistic designs appeared somewhat impactful, and easily recognisable. I would definitely consider using  this style within future projects.




No comments:

Post a Comment