Monday 23 April 2018

Career Track Tuesday:Teaching

In the following blog, a teaching workshop will be outlined, with conclusions being drawn as to whether a teaching career would be right for me. 

__________________________________________________________________


Career Track Tuesday:Teaching with Andy Brownless


As I was unsure upon my future career path, and was worried about employability I decided to attend the career track Tuesday event for teaching.


Andy Brownless, a tutor at Leeds Trinity ran a presentation surrounding the benefits of teaching.
















So why become a teacher? Andy suggested that there were large benifits of being a teacher including: free weekends/half terms/ summer holidays, they finish at 3, the pensions and the pay.



Task: Attitudes of a good teacher






















Do I maintain these skills??... yes.

















My options...

As I would want to teach design, either secondary or HE education would be the best for myself. I have also previously undergone work experience with younger children which I did not enjoy.























I didn't realise how much work you had to complete to become a teacher and this put me off. I am already 21 and after completing all this, I believe that I would be earning less than my peers. I also discovered that I would have to complete unpaid work placements meaning I would have to return home, and therefore this was not an option. 

No comments:

Post a Comment