Friday 30 March 2018

Owlcotes submission

This blog offers an insight into my interaction with the LAU opportunities bulletin, and the live Owlcotes brief completed in response to this. 

______________________________________________________



One tool in which I have found extremely useful this year is that of the LAU opportunities bulletin, offering events and live briefs. In order to engage with this, I have attended career track Tuesday events and participated in multiple briefs. One brief in particular in which I found useful was that of the Owlocotes community trust brief.


























The set brief was to develop a logo for that of Owlcotes Academy Trust (a new Academy primary school within Pudsey). As I often design for an older demographic and do not consider a younger target audience within my design, this project allowed me to consider a variety of consumers.

The brief also allowed me to gain a better understanding of logo design, whilst embedding a branding piece within my portfolio. The concept behind the final outcome is also a discussion point as I believe it to be highly conceptual.




















Competition boards were developed to submit my final pieces, as there was no limit on how many logo designs you could submit, I entered my three strongest. If I am to win the competition this will offer me a live brief for extended practice as well as my portfolio, showcasing that I am a professional designer. As this brief is commissioned £250 I will use the money to finance my self branding, as well as other briefs.

No comments:

Post a Comment