Sunday 22 January 2017

Books/Films to watch/read in 2017

Since coming to University I very rarely read any non-related design books and thus I have decided to set myself some books in which I will read this year. A manageable amount of books have been chosen in order to ensure that the books will be manageable alongside my degree, and extra reading.



The selected books explore a wide range of genres, from fiction to nonfiction. I have also attempted to add some cult books for example animal farm, that I have not previously read. As I am highly interested in history, some history books have also been outlined in which focus on British culture and the monarchy. One of the key reasons for completing such task is because to be a designer it is not about skills but rather about knowledge. You must know as much as you can in order to design for as many companies as possible. Yes design knowledge is highly important, but ideas are often taken from greater inspiration. From history, tv, magazines, and nature.


Generally speaking my knowledge upon films is also very weak and thus I would also like to gain a greater stance upon Cult film. Some of these films have been listed, as I believe them to be highly discussed and powerful films.


No comments:

Post a Comment