Thursday 25 February 2016

Letterpress





As the letterpress induction over ran there was no time for me to actually develop my own pieces, and thus in my following project I decided to develop some pieces during my own time. I felt it was important that I gathered a hands on experience of letterpress in order to fully remember the process.  Similar to other traditional print methods the processes itself can be repeated in order to produce multiple copies, with only the construction of the plate and cleaning up taking time,,Due to this I feel that I would only use letterpress when having a couple of hours free so I can develop multiple approaches. 

As it was my first attempt using letterpress I did encounter some holds backs, including missing a letter out of the plate which I did not realise until after the deconstruction of the plate. I also uncovered how much ink is appropriate and the results of under/over inking. 

Overall, I would definitely use the process again as I found the outcomes to be much more successful than that of C.A.D produced type.

No comments:

Post a Comment