Thursday 4 February 2016

Tring museum






Last weekend when visiting my Uncle in Hertfordshire, we took a tour around Tring's natural history museum in which displays a variation of stuffed animals. The extensive exhibit is spread across multiple rooms, and contains extinct animals and birds such as the quagga, great aux and reconstructions of the dodo. The process of preserving animals was discussed along with the discussion of the effects of selective breeding surrounding the dog species. I found these talks highly insightful, as I had no previous knowledge surrounding the topic area. The greatest experience  I gathered from this trip was that I was able to be that close to exotic animals, and gather how large they really are, something in which I found quite surprising.

No comments:

Post a Comment