Sunday 28 February 2016

C.A.D Logos 1st


This idea expresses the combining of two A's in order to promote the idea of 'Alice approved'. Although two A's are obviously present I feel that the whole design lacks a professional outlook due to the thickness of the lines resembling imagery that is present within children's books.


In order to again express two A's I developed the basic anatomy involving an extra bar.  Although then creating two letterforms I felt the design disturbed the basic concept behind type and thus made the consumer feel somewhat uncomfortable. 




I explored with a variety of approaches in which focus upon structure and composition. The designs follow a black and white format in order to link closely to the Swiss design in which they derive. The 3rd and 6th design appeal most to me, although the warped nature of the 6th must be altered in order to be considered, as it appears very awkward in design.







During this process I attempted to develop lavish type in which appeared highly exaggerated. I wanted the type to appear fluid in order to express the flowing nature in which is the creative process. I experimented with both hand rendered type and already developed typefaces, both in which contain flaws. The hand rendered designs may be personal to me but it would take a long period to construct a full alphabet in which I may use to promote different aspects of my design. And as I do not own the other typeface other individuals may use it to promote their design practice and thus it is not individual to me. Stating this many design individuals use helvetica to express their own type in which is not unique.


No comments:

Post a Comment