Monday 29 February 2016

modernism ideas






I experimented with negatives as I felt that they may be able to add an extra dimension towards the design, and thus would work more effectively upon a stamp format. The conjoined lines appear somewhat sharp and dangerous, factors in which I would not want to associated myself with. I also feel that the dark designs do not express my personality, as they appear far too serious. 


In order to produce further designs in which appeared less rigid, I decided to follow a basic line structure. By doing this the designs began to appear to follow modernism much more closely. I experimented by involving two A's as well as singular, in order to correlate which worked most effectively.      


From this I then attempted to incorporate the rest of my initials. I focused specifically on the A and M and how they can be positioned in order to balance out one another. Again I felt that some designs appeared sharp and uninviting, thus these were discontinued.  




Taking influence from the previous designs I then began to experiment with more open approaches, using negative space to balance the harsh nature of the design. I felt that some designs appeared much more graphical than others and thus I decided to take the most influential components further, this including thin line stokes, negative space and sleek type. 
From doing this I then developed some pieces in which I felt drew the true atmosphere from my previous designs. In a similar format they involve both letters coherently, following the basis of a path. The basic structure is minimal, as the thin strokes are balanced by vast amounts of negative space. The black and white colour scheme also follows that of a modernist approach.

No comments:

Post a Comment