Tuesday 1 March 2016

Downloading fonts


I decided that rather than developing my own typeface the basic structure of a font in which is already in circulation should be used. This primarily being due to the fact that a recognisable typeface expresses familiarity and trust. As I am an emerging designer I feel that these are key factors in which my typeface should convey to an audience that has no previous relationship with my design work.

A range of script based types were explored, focusing upon the fluid nature in which they maintain. Both serif/san serif approaches were scrutinized but I personally felt that the serifs restricted the movement within the type, causing it to appear somewhat corporate.

During the following process I will attempt to manipulate type in order to develop a friendly, well rounded typeface in which conveys creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment