Friday 4 March 2016

Experimenting with type and shape

After developing the typeface I then began to explore approaches in which involve shapes. As I wanted the design to appear within a stamp format, I felt that it would work most successfully to place the design with a shape.  The straight edged logos appeared to maintain stability, strength and professionalism although I felt that they lacked the flowing nature in which the typeface expresses. Whereas the circular approaches  projected a  more positive message. Using a circle in a logo suggests community, friendship, relationships. Rings have an implication of marriage and partnership, suggesting stability and endurance. Curves on any sort tend to be viewed as feminine in nature, a factor in which I wanted to contain within my own branding.

No comments:

Post a Comment