Wednesday 2 March 2016

Manipulating type (drawings)



Thinking specifically about my chosen typeface, I experimented with ways in which the type may be positioned/manipulated in order to express creativity. I wanted the type to flow naturally and thus the bars and ascenders were extended, in order to promote flow. The ease within the curves allows the type to appear friendly and inviting, components in which I hope to possess as a designer. 

Upper and lower case variations were explored, with uppercase exhibiting confidence much more effectively. Capitals also appeared far more legible, a factor that would be important if my logo were to be exhibited from a distance.

Overall, I felt variations in which exhibited more connections appeared most effectively, due to the connotations towards unity. During the following stages I will explore the manipulation of type through C.A.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment