Monday 7 March 2016

business card research and initial drawings

Although buisness cards are a basic route in which to follow when self branding, I feel as if they posess structure and profesionalism elements in which I want to exhbit to design companies. When sending CV's to companies in which I want to work with I would also send my buisness card, not only as a method of contact but also to give them a snipit of work I have already produced. I feel that this would give me an advantage over others.







A minimal typography approach to that of business card designs. This approach explores the affective nature of typography, as well as displaying the designers interests. The relevant information is easily sourced with minimal guidance needed. Overall an effective way in which to exhibit yourself as a designer interested within typography. 


Yet again another minimal approach but with an altering concept. This design is obviously for that of an individual in which cares about the environmental cost of their work. The stock used is 100% recycled, a component in which is highlighted within the design. The infographic approach appears friendly, a design aspect in which I would like to express myself as a designer. 

A pantone approach has been effectively used within this design to target other designers, I feel that a similar approach may work effectively within my design as my target audience is also that of other designers. I also believe the designs to be somewhat comical, a factor in which I feel important in getting yourself noticed.


I really like the idea of using multiple colours to exhibit business cards as I feel it gives a personal touch to each design. I also feel that by doing this the consumer would recognise myself as being a designer in which likes to push the design process further.


I developed thumbnails focusing upon the general layout of the business card, working closley with typography and image. I decided that my logo should be the most prominant feature expressed within the design in order to exhibit myself as a confident designer. This would also allow my brand to be widely exposed.

No comments:

Post a Comment