Tuesday 15 March 2016

Stock

I decided that as three colours were expressed through my business cards then why couldn't I complete a similar process to that of stock so that the consumer has a different approach to each design. As the recycled paper only came in one thickness I felt that exploring with the other colours would be effective. I explored thin paper in which the consumer could then fold into thier wallet, or thick paper in which would not be easily damaged. Although the presence of  thicker paper is more prominent I decided upon thinner paper due to the environmental cost of recycling thicker card. This in turn relating to my ethics.




I explored a variation of stock when deciding upon what material to print my book of ethics upon. Although I felt the white stock appeared much cleaner, I decided to follow context over aesthetics and chose the recycled paper.  




When deciding upon the stock for my notebook, I decided upon the thinner pink, not only to embed my colour scheme further but to allow the book to open easily. This would also save me money as when mass producing hard book covers can become extremely expensive.






In order to express my diverse nature as a designer I decided to place the headers upon two stocks. Initially the pink card in order to display a fun approach, and then white paper. I decided to use the white as it appears much more formal, a factor in which a header is. 




As the CV's have not been screen printed due to the availability of them needing to be fast I decided that the most effective and professional paper to use would be 200gsm white. 

No comments:

Post a Comment