Tuesday 15 March 2016

Bookbinding









                       

As my only relationship to bookbinding was limited to my induction, I decided to take on a hands on approach in the process of developing my notebook and book of ethics. I decided upon a saddle stitch due to the formal nature of the book, and to insure that the binding method did not distract from the content of the book. 

Again some errors were made within the process, as I drilled to far and in turn ended up attaching the drill to the wooden board, a factor in which the workshop staff helped to resolve. 

By developing a book I felt that this may also help me within my design principals module, and in turn develop myself as a designer. Within my future career I like the idea of developing a book, and thus I feel that this process gave me some inital stance towards this large objective.  

No comments:

Post a Comment