Tuesday 15 March 2016

Final Crit

























When discussing my work with peers the 3 colour approach was highly applauded, suggesting that the relationship to the pantone colours of the year was a strong concept in which will constantly evolve my branding. It was also suggested that the relationship with colour allows the company the opportunity to choose, a factor in which they will personally like, as it suggests that the design conclusion is in their hands. The importance of business cards was also discussed suggesting that they are universal, and should thus work effectively. 


The headers were discussed and it was stated that they were very formal and a design aspect in which is not usually involved with designers. Due to this in the future I am not likely to consider using these, although if I find an innovative way in which to express the header I may consider a differing approach. 







When discussing the cv it was stated that I should express the style in which I work further with either a written commentary or imagery. It was also suggested that I could involve some form of mini portfolio to send out with my CV's. I felt that this would be an effective method of getting myself noticed as a designer and thus would definetly consider this as a plan of action for the future.  










The relationship of my work and ethics was discussed, with praise being given to the aesthetic as it was suggested that ethics was applied to the physical identity of the branding and not just the book. As the lines within the illustration are dense it was suggested to use Helvetic Bold in order to somewhat balance the design. The reverse of the design was analysed suggesting that the screenprinting of the information and logo would be much more effective. 







The obvious mention of the allingment was picked up upon within this design, although the screenprinting method was suggested to give my design an edge of that of others. The structure of the book was discussed, and the book was commended upon being tightly bounded.


No comments:

Post a Comment