Sunday 13 May 2018

Inspiring medias


1. Ted Talks- Usually if i'm stuck within the design process I tend to turn to a ted talk in order to assist me. I find the talks really useful, even when talking about non art related topic areas. One I specifically enjoyed watching focused upon the graphic journey of designer John Maeda, the talk is depicted in the following link:http://www.ted.com/talks/john_maeda_on_design

2. http://httpster.net/- A graphic design blog in which focuses primarily on photography, layout, colour and type. I specifically like how the blog constructs both imagery and type together.




3.Cereal magazine-a monthly magazine in which focuses upon travel and design. I especially like the use of spacing within the magazine and how image and type compliment one another.



4.http://ohhdeer.com/ is an online gift shop that specifics in art related gifts. They also have open competitions which allow you to submit your design ideas and to create a product.



5.Nordic Noir-specifically Y Gwyll and The Bridge. I really like the idea of viewing something in a different language as I feel it allows a whole new depth of meaning to the viewing. I also like to study the conscious design decisions for that sub genre such as an muted colour palette.



6.Stilt_Media on Instagram. I follow many art related blogs on Instagram but this is by far my favorite. They display their work over many mediums, some of my favorites include: craft, painting, graphics and photography.



7.Katie Jade Dobson's facebook page. I follow Katie on facebook as I find her work visually impactive. During the past week she has written a series of blog posts talking about when its time to abandon a piece of artwork, I found these blogs highly insightful.



8.GordanGram- Gordan Ramseys instagram. I often look on Gordan's instagram for food inspiration, as one of my loves is cooking.

9.The skinny (http://www.theskinny.co.uk/) An independent magazine that focuses upon the worlds cultural aspects. Not only do I like the articles displayed within this magazine but I also like the design of the magazine itself, especially the layout and typefaces.


10.Yorkshire Sculpture Park. This week I visited YSP, I found the experience highly joyful as I have never visited before and its something in which I have really wanted to do for a long time. I specifically enjoyed seeing famous pieces by Hepworth and Moore. I found the experience so much more satisfying than viewing a sculpture on a photography based level.

No comments:

Post a Comment