Sunday 13 May 2018

Live briefs

This blog outlines my engagement with live briefs and clients, showcasing professional practice. 

______________________________________________________________________




During this academic year, four live briefs have been partaken, allowing for client, designer relationships to be established. Throughout this blog, there will be a brief overview as to the project, with a discussion being drawn surrounding pros/cons of working with a live client.


Owlcotes Academy Trust & Ooff Brand Identity 





















Gained via the LAU opportunities bulletin, no actual client relationship could be established, as others were also competing to gain the commission. This somewhat limited my design process, as if I were able to gain a greater insight into their ethos, the final outcome may have been of a truer representation.

Although I did not gain the commission for Owlcotes, the winner is yet to be notified surrounding Ooff. Due to the large conceptual grounds devised, I am confident in this entry.



The Fat Rabbit













The Fat Rabbit commissioned myself to complete an invitation design for their relaunch party. This process largely focused on the client's demands, with the final outcome not representing my design style. As a result of this, it is unlikely that this piece will be expressed in my portfolio.



Hiraeth 



















A commission by Hiraeth Brewery allowed myself to gain an in-depth knowledge of packaging design and packaging manufacturing. This being highly poniante as companies such as Robot Food are of a high interest to me.

Although the live brief was straightforward it did become apparent that as a designer you frequently have to make compromises to satisfy the clients needs. In conjunction to this a strong client, designer, the relationship was built, ensuring future collaborations.

No comments:

Post a Comment