Sunday 13 May 2018

PPP presentation

In this blog post a brief summary of my presentation has been outlined. 
__________________________________________________________________






Slide one-general opening 




  • Discuss how collaboration extends my portfolio and skills/allows my CV to get bigger
  • some good some not so good


  • not a strong collaboration due to friendship (couldn't really say how we felt)
  • large timespan 



  • met Erin on the collaboration page 
  • good working with somone I didnt know 



  • profits went to charity
  • experience with printers 



  • surprisingly easy working with another designer 
  • although cal is my friend we have a different kind of friendship



  • good for cv 
  • gain an understanding of clients



  • simple, minimal design
  • straightforward



  • Biggest client based brief
  • great final/free mock ups 



  • went to careers to help make a contract 
  • real mock ups = great portfolio piece 



  • completed contract 
  • completed cv 
  • job placements-ring up?



  • got a placement 
  • hated it 
  • just wasn't for me (artworking)
  • found designing for 8 hours a day boring 
  • full of men



  • smaller studio 
  • light and airy 
  • less commercial yet still big clients 
  • but still all men 



  • where are all the women at 



  • good seeing a fully female panel
  • inspiring-different realms of life 



  • quote gained from Eve Warren 
  • don't feel scared by it 




  • my old branding isnt me anymore 
  • no longer use traditional screenprint methods etc



  • new branding 
  • minimal 


  • gif 
  • shows I can be multiple things not just one thing 
  • what are my roles 



  • implementing it as a brand 


  • range of branding material 
  • yellow bold and bright 



  • cv which careers helped with



  • the reverse of cards say different things-can give to different people for different roles 



  • as a pack 
  • send out to design studios 



  • influential design studios-alphabet 


  • robot food-always been a massive fan of eve warren 


  • fieldwork-manchester-prime location



  • Leeds


  • Asda living 
  • potential at Vast 
  • Studio visits 


  • probably have to get an 'ordinary job' whilst looking 
  • freelance on the side 



  • saved enough money to sustain myself for 5-6 months (for placements etc)





Presentation feedback-

The feedback suggested that the presentation skills were strong, and that key areas were highlighted.  Overall I felt positive about the experience and felt it gave me confidence both generally and relating to my practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment