Sunday 7 May 2017

2nd year compared to 1st

When thinking about the differences between first and second year I believe that my design has altered massively.

Concept 

Within the first year of the programme I often focused upon the aesthetic of the design rather than the concept behind it. I have attempted to challenge this within my second year and base all my design of concept/ theory.

Theory 

Theories have been implemented within my second year design in order to promote strong informed design. Although theorists such as Gestalt were highlighted in first year I felt that implementing further theorists has prompted form and legibility.


Research 

Compared to last year  I would suggest that more primary research has been conducted, in turn promoting a more conceptual response.

Final outcomes 

Final outcomes within second year have been professionally photographed, in turn promoting myself as a designer who is professional/trustworthy.

I also believe that this year I have been more engaged with the deisgn and have attempted to create strong design for my own portfolio rather than to simply pass the degree.

No comments:

Post a Comment