Sunday 7 May 2017

Companies



As last year I developed a list of companies in which I believe to be unethical and therefore would not work for, I decided to update this list in relation to scandals etc in which I believe have affected my willingness to work for such companies. Although I know that I should not be picky when it comes to gaining work, I also believe that it is highly important to have your own ethical guide as a designer and thus I believe this to be relevant. The 'blacklist' is as follows.


  •  Nike
  • Adidas
  •  Coca-cola
  • Mcdonalds
  • Primark
  • Toyota
  • Shell
  • Nestle 
  • MAC
  • Amazon 
  • Seaworld
  • Oracle 
  • Wal-mart


I will also not work for any companies that are involved in: 

-Animal testing on beauty products (as I don't use products in which test on animals I feel that it would be unethical of myself to be graphically involved with such companies).

-Exploitation of workers (although I enjoy packaging design and am likely to follow it within my future career, I will not be working for any companies in which exploit humans for their own gain).

-Harmful attitude towards animals (If you wouldn't do it to a human, you shouldn't do it to an animal).

No comments:

Post a Comment