Sunday 7 May 2017

Only studio

Only is an award-winning strategy and design consultancy helping organisations to use design to innovate and grow. Focusing mainly on design interface the work from only is highly prominent with the current market, leading the studio to work alongside high profile clients.

From the talk with Only studios multiple areas of user interface were discussed, this aiding with the 504 module. Key notes were taken from this in order to gather a greater understanding upon digital design in turn influencing the module.

  • It was stated that you do not need to code in order to develop a user interface, and that the company themselves often use another body in order to develop their work visually. I felt this to be highly insightful and I was unsure upon how I may be expected to complete this within my future career.

They also suggested that the design process should be as follows. 

Research 

How the audience interact with the internet. 
Any competitors
And the tone of voice. 


Wire framing

Ideas
Key interactions-tests?
Mock ups of each page
Think about scale


Design

Develop 'physical wireframes'-bring these to life.


Front end

Guidelines-typography/grids (for the client)
Patterns (to create endless pages)
Online guidelines-info not lost
BIMA-largest digital netwo


As a result of this I was able to follow these design stages throughout the module and gain a large understanding upon where I needed to be within the design stage. I also felt that this aided my deisgn greatly and allowed myself to get as good of a mark as I did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment