Thursday 4 May 2017

screenprint/mono printing for 505

As last year multiple elements went wrong when completing design through traditional print methods, I decided that these methods should be further explored in order to somewhat perfect the method. In turn promoting confidence in the skill, as well as completing strong, unique design. 



Monoprint 



As I had only previously completed monoprint once beforehand I decided to explore with this further. As within the past attempt I had only explored with simple shapes, I decided that this time I would explore with a more complex design. Completing this design for studio brief one of 505, a silhouette of hyde park picture house was derived. 

From this experience I discovered how easy it was to complete multiple attempts of monoprints, although exploring with colour was more complex as you had to clean the work desk, as well as developing a new stencil. As a result of this when completing monoprint designs within the future I will develop all stencils beforehand in order to ensure none of the process time is wasted. 


Screenprint 




Although I have previously explored with screenprint on multiple occasions I had only completed this action at Vernon street. As a result of this, and to use the most of the facilities, I decided to explore with the equipment at Blenheim Walk. As a result of this, I explored with the usage of a desk screen rather than a vacuum. As a result of this I found that the printed design often stuck to the reverse of the screen. Once this had occurred ink evidently remained and thus this occurred through multiple approaches, as a result of this the screen then had to be rewashed. After completing this action a discussion with the technician lead me to use less ink, in turn promoting a perfect design. 

No comments:

Post a Comment