Wednesday 3 May 2017

Punk in Print


The Oh so pretty in print booklaunch/exhibition was visited in relation to 505, as again a large majority of posters were displayed. Other reasonings behind visiting the exhibition was that I have a general intrest of historical design events and there influence on design today. Although my essay for COP focused upon feminism it was discovered at this exhibition that the punk movement allowed females 'postmodern' design to be exhibited during a time of male bias. As I did not previously know this I felt this research essential for the contextual knowledge in which the essay was based. 





From looking at the poster designs I felt it evident that a 70's aesthetic was maintained. When relating this to my own work it became apparent that that I could maintain these features somehow within my COP practical work. As a result of this 'punk' style banners were introduced to the style.



No comments:

Post a Comment