Sunday 7 May 2017

How collab has effected me

One of the main issues faced with my collaboration was that I was friends with the individuals in which I collaborated with. Although I did attempt to find others I felt that courses didn't overly engage with one another. As a result of this I did end up collaborating with individuals in which I previously know.

From this I felt as if some individuals felt it offensive when I was attempting to make constructive criticism and took it personally. I did not intent to do this, and I believe being friends made this situation worse.

I also usually take charge and manage projects, but I did make specific effort not to control the group as I wanted us to be engaged with one another. This benefited the group and therefore I will attempt to do this in future projects as I do feel that I can sometimes be bossy.

Another area I found interesting during this project was time management, as I discovered that mine was relatively strong compared to that of others. This was difficult with certain aspects of the project as I was relying on others to complete work before I could continue. As a result of this if I were to complete further collaborations I will ensure, and push for others to complete work on schedule.

As an extra I got into contact with that of a product designer for this project. I felt that this allowed myself to gather knowledge upon how products are officially designed, as well as gaining a greater understanding upon materials.

No comments:

Post a Comment