Saturday 6 May 2017

Interview research

As I wanted to promote the text in a clear format in order to exhibit my design skills to Tim (as the final piece will be sent to him), research was undertaken. This was to also decided upon how the text should be formatted alongside image etc. 







From looking at multiple designs I was able to uncover what makes a design legible. This is a key factor as I would like to promote myself as a strong designer to Tim as this may result in a future placement at Rabbit hole. Although the above interviews appear professional, I would not suggest that they appear similar to Tim's work. Serif typefaces are very rarely used by Tim and thus this is a factor I must consider when thinking about legibility. Although Vignelli suggests that you must use a serif for body copy, Tim does state within the interview that he often 'breaks the rules', so this may be a factor in which to consider. This may also apply to grid systems. 



No comments:

Post a Comment